THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 3, 2008

Chapter 5

Chapter 5 deals with Digital Media and all the Software Applications that you can use to help teach. I didn’t realize all the applications that are out there for teachers to use to enhance their teaching methods. With the new technology and the advancements of the old ones students now have more ways to learn. With digital media software students have the ability to learn in ways that they’ve never been able to before; whether they are visual, audio or kinetics. There are different pieces that go into creating this digital media that makes it better. You can add text, graphics, animation, audio, and video. These digital media technology can be used as an application. You can use it to train, as electronic books, how-to guides, magazines, newspapers, journals. These applications can help not only with teaching but with every day things.

Some new skills that I learned was how to use wiki. Wiki is different and I'm not sure how I feel about it still. Ive never used and application like it before. I don’t think I'm a big fan of it. I do think its an interesting process but its not the effective.

I found it effective that the class lesson was online. Ive never had a class online and I thought it was cool how I learned through Videos off of Youtube.com. I don’t know though if I would learn better that way, if I had a strictly online class though. I think that would cause me to procrastinate more and I think I would get distracted more as well.

0 comments: