THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 is about communication through the internet. I found it rather interesting that the internet has existed since 1960 while the World Wide Web came about in the 1990's. The section THE WORLD WIDE WEB discusses the components that make up web pages. For instance; the URL is a uniform resource locator. The most common protocol is the hypertext transfer protocol (http://) This section also goes into more detail about different types of hypertext/ hyperlinks/ hypermedia. I found that I definitely fall into the Web Surfing category, jumping from one page to another. The Web helps teachers and students communicate with other teachers and students in other countries. One main website that allows teachers and students to do this is ePALS classroom exchange. Another interesting fact that the book says is the best way to learn how the internet works "is to log on and explore."
This past week I learned different ways to search the web to find different topics. I didn't realize all the things that Google had to offer besides their original start up page. The web hunt allowed me to search for things using different tools and further my understanding of how the web works. These web hunts are a great tool with teaching all subjects.
Last weeks class was beneficial with teaching later on. We were able to find websites to talk with other teachers as well as finding websites to find lesson plans. I didn't realize how many websites there were out there that teachers use and how they end up helping each other. I want to teach Math for high schoolers and I found some great websites to help with lesson plans as well as places to go to find worksheets and what not. This class is going to help out a lot with teaching! I have been doing volunteering at a High School and I enjoy it. I have been helping 9th and 10th graders with Math FCAT which I HATE the FCAT but i feel better about myself in the fact that i get to help others and thats the most rewarding part i think of being a teacher/volunteer.

0 comments: