THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 3, 2008

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 was about technology and curriculum integration. One of the more interesting things that I found was that students retain knowledge longer when they are actively involved in using digital media to meet their benchmarks. Technology helps make learning more active and gets the students more involved. With all this great technology, there are barriers just like everything else. The most common barrier is the lack of teacher training with the equipment. Most of the information that was covered in this chapter, we covered in my intro to education class (EDF1005). So it was basically a review.

This past week we learned how to do PowerPoint. I like PowerPoint a lot. You are able to do so much with it. I had no idea that you could make it seem as though you were on the internet. That’s awesome. I’m quite excited to use it!

I still can’t get over all that things that we learn in this class that help with everyday things, not just teaching. PowerPoint, Word, Blogger these tools are things that we can use years from now. I still find this class informative and interesting. I wish it wasn’t at 8am but it’s a good class and I’d recommend everyone should take it.

1 comments:

jgentile said...

Come on... you know you like to get up and be on campus while the clock still says 7 something. :)