THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 28, 2008

Chapter 3

While reading Chapter 3, I couldn’t help but laugh. I felt that the material covered was basic information and that it came from one of those self help books “…for Idiots”. This chapter covered a lot of material that students should already know coming into this class. I didn’t feel that I learned all that much. The main thing that I got out of this chapter was the difference between the operating systems. I didn’t realize how many there were and the subcategories in each one. A large majority this chapter was items that we have learned previously by using computers, or from other classes. I feel that this chapter wasn’t needed. This book is very easy to read and has great visuals, however, at times it makes me feel a little dumb the way it’s presented.

Some new skills I acquired this past week were in regards to Assignment #2. I knew how to present my information in columns but I couldn’t figure out how to get just the selected information not the whole document. I also figured out how to work a functioning hyperlink. This link will come in handy later on in teaching and for personal uses. Assignment #2 will be beneficial with newsletters for teaching as well as ever day use, in communities, churches, ect.

I think this class will help not just with teaching but with everyday usage of new developing technology. I usually like to figure out things for myself, trial and error, but with computers that’s not the best idea. I have decided that when taking computer classes it is best to ask questions whenever I get lost or confused! I feel this class will benefit me more than other classes I’ve already taken; therefore I really like this class!


*I am tired of being sick…this cold should not last this long!

0 comments: