THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Chapter 1

John M. Keller developed ARCS motivational model. ARCS stands for Attention, Relevance, Challenge/Confidence and Satisfaction/Success. The main purpose for Keller’s model was to make learning more interesting and fun. Digital students are children that are multitaskers. These kids like to do more than one thing at a time and enjoy doing so. Since more children are digital students, teachers have rethought their processes of teaching and have conformed to this new style. Now days schools all over the world use computers and new technology to teach their classes. They may use community digital storytelling or transmedia story to help in teaching their students.

Since the last time our class met I have learned several new things on the computer that will help in teaching a class. I have learned more about Office 2007. Since the 98 and 03 series are now outdated, we must learn the new tabs, groups and other attributes that the 07 series has to offer. I think that overall the 07 series is much easier to use and is a better tool than the previous series. The 07 series seems more user efficient, not so complicated and better for the digital kids. To me this class is going to have a huge impact on how the upcoming teachers teach. This class will actually be useful unlike most classes we take.

As far as things I’d like to share I want to be a math teacher in middle school or high school. Growing up I always wanted to be an elementary teacher (kindergarten) but after volunteering for my kindergarten teacher I changed my mind. Nowadays the teaching criteria for kindergartners has changed immensely since we were in that grade, I don’t feel I have the patience to teach that at that level. Math has always been my strongest subject so to me that makes since. I changed my major 7 times in a matter of a year, and you can’t change what your heart wants, so finally I decided this was my best route.

0 comments: